Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Today I'm Wearing #13: An Effortless, Glowing Summer Makeup Look




Hello Lovelies! Today I want to give you a quick rundown of the makeup I've been using lately. My main focus when doing this look is to brighten & enhance my skin, while subtly drawing attention to my eyes. The entire process takes 10 mins tops & gives a natural, sunkissed look, perfect for a warm summer day. 


Step 1: I mix a little Soleil Tan de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid in Sunkissed into my foundation, Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup. I buff a sheer layer of this all over my face using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush.

Step 2: I conceal under my eyes, around my nose & any other imperfections using my Clinique Airbrush Concealer. I then set everything with a light dusting of MAC Blot Powder. 

Step 3: On the eyes, I apply a sheer wash of Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Emerveille, a gorgeous shimmering peach-nude all over the lid, along the lower lash line, & in the inner corner of my eyes. I then layer MAC Eyeshadow in Woodwinked, a burnished gold shade, in the outer 2/3 of the eye & blend up into the crease. I finish off the eyes with a little black liquid liner on the top lash line & two coats of Revlon's Photoready 3D Mascara on both top & bottom lashes. 

Step 4: On the cheeks I apply tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface  for a pretty flush of pink. I then take my favorite highlighter, Benefit Watt's Up!, and using my fingers blend this shimmering nude/light bronze shade along my cheekbones to highlight my face. 

Step 5: On the lips, I simply swipe on tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Stain in Charmed & blend the color in a little using my finger. 

Step 6: I set all my makeup in place with a few spritzes of Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray &  I'm out the door!




Swatches Top to Bottom:
tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Stain in Charmed
Benefit Watt's Up! Highlighter
tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface
MAC Eyeshadow in Woodwinked
Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Emerveille
Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid




What products do you reach for when you want an airbrushed, glowing Summer look?


Thanks for reading!


Lots of Love,

Louise

18 comments:

  1. This is a perfect look! I have been using my Maybelline colour tattoo on my eyes in bold gold, black liner on top and bottom lids, Maybelline one-by-one mascara and clinique chubby stick on lips in whoppin'watermelon!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That sounds like such a pretty Summer look! The Maybelline Color Tattoos are great! I have the bronze color & love it :)

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful Louise! I always love your makeup choices. I just got that Chanel eyeshadow, and have been loving it.

    Blush Bug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! I love Chanel Emerveille as well! It's so useful as a nude color on its own & it definitely makes the perfect base under MAC Woodwinked!

      Delete
  3. Sound like a beaut look! Want all the things you've used haha. That chanel eyeshadow is top of my list right now :)
    http://nikscritsx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Chanel eyeshadow really lives up to the hype- I love it!

      Delete
  4. Heard some great things about that blush! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tarte blushes are some of the best I've ever used! If you can get your hands on one, I really recommend you snatch one up :)

      Delete
  5. what a great look!

    great post, lovr your blog

    hope you'll comment on mine

    http://lipglossandcandyfloss.blogspot.co.uk/

    Gem x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pinks!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Chanel eyeshadow is really pretty! I've always wanted to try that particular shade xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks K! If you have a chance to, I really recommend you try it out! It's a really pretty, versatile eye shadow :)

      Delete
  8. Ohh I have been wanting to try that Tarte lip product!!! During the summer I can't live without my MAC blot powder...a sweep of this combats my oily skin on hot days!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I set my foundation every single morning w/MAC Blot Powder :)

      Delete
  9. I love doll face! It's becoming one of my favorite blushes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've nominated you for an award for your lovely blog! http://www.jessiswonderland.com/2012/06/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I enjoy reading each and every one!

Feel free to leave a link to your page if you like! However, please no advertising or follow for follow comments. Thank you!