Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer Skin Care Routine

Hello Lovelies! I hope you all are doing well! Last night as I was washing my face before bed, I came to the realization that my skin care routine has changed drastically since my last skin care post. Not only have I updated many of the products I use, but I have also added in a new skin care tool! My skin seems to really be responding to the changes & is much less dehydrated & dull looking than it was months ago. This is not to say I think that any of the products I used previously aren't good, I just feel  this combination suits my needs better right now. So, if you would like to see which products I credit for improving my skin over the last few weeks, keep on reading!




Morning Skin Care Routine

Step 1: I cleanse my skin with Clinique's Liquid Facial Soap in the Oily Skin Formula. This, aside from my Origins A Perfect World Face Wash, is one of the only cleansers I have repurchased numerous times. This was my holy-grail cleanser throughout college. It is gentle, yet effective, and the foaming lather feels refreshing on the skin. I switched to the Clinique cleanser because the gel formula seems to work better with my Clarisonic Mia.

Step 2: I am still using the same daytime moisturizer, my trusty Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. This lightweight gel is the perfect consistency to wear under my foundation. It keeps my skin comfortable throughout the day and prevents it from becoming dehydrated.

Step 3: My holy grail sunscreen is still Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector. I have raved about this product before, so I won't bore you with all that again! If you would like to know more about this amazing sunscreen, you can read my review here.




Evening Skin Care Routine

Step 1: First off, I remove all my makeup with MAC Cleanse Off Oil. This is a first-time purchase for me. I had heard such wonderful things about this product & wanted to see if it would live up to all the hype. I am still a bit undecided as to whether or not I would repurchase this. I do love how gentle it is on my skin & the fact that it removes all my face makeup with no residue left over. My one and only complaint about this product is that I find myself having to use a lot of product to remove all my eye makeup. Most nights I am still left with some residual eyeliner after using this (have been wearing Stila Waterproof Liquid Liner). I really do love how hydrated this makes my skin feel though and most importantly that it rinses off cleanly with water. So I will continue to experiment and see how I can hopefully make it work better for me.

Step 2: Next, I cleanse my face with my Clarisonic Mia & my Clinique Liquid Facial Soap. I think these two products works great together. The result is fresh, deeply cleansed skin that is primed and ready for toner & moisturizer. 

Step 3: Before I apply my moisturizer, I tone my skin with Yon-Ka Lotion PS for Normal to Dry Skin. This spray-on face toner is actually a similar concept to the ever-popular Caudalie Beauty Elixir, except it is alcohol free. Both products contain similar essential oils that are meant to balance the PH of your skin and restore a healthy glow. I absolutely love the Yon-Ka Lotion and have used it on and off ever since high school. I love that the essential oils help balance your skin, and heal acne flair ups. Not to mention, the smell is completely intoxicating. One spray and you immediately feel as if you are transported to a high-end French spa!

Step 4: A few weeks ago, I found myself suffering from very dehydrated skin. My skin felt dry and tight and yet during the day would get quite oily, I think to compensate for the loss of hydration. Ever since I switched over to Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, my skin has improved immensely. It seems to drink this lightweight gel-cream up. When I wake in the morning my skin looks & feels so much more hydrated, plump and healthy. I cannot recommend this face moisturizer enough if you have combo to oily skin that feels tight or dehydrated.




As Needed Extras

When spots pop up, I still reach for my Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer. Also, once or twice a week I use Origins Modern Friction  to gently slough away any dead skin cells. I have noticed however, that I need to use this scrub much less frequently now that I started using the Clarisonic Mia, which has a slight exfoliating effect. 



What products are in your Summer Skin Care Routine?


Thanks for reading!


Lots of Love,

Louise

8 comments:

  1. Great post! I love clinique and I use their cleansers and moisturizers pretty frequently too. :) I definitely want to try that shiseido sunscreen since summer's coming around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Priscilla! Hope you give the Shiseido sunscreen a try! Like I said, I can't recommend it enough!

      Delete
  2. Love the routine but most of all I love the CLinique products its great to see a variety in products from a brand that caters to all different skin types and requirements!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I do love certain Clinique products- I may stray from time to time but I always come back to them ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm curious about Clinque and I am thinking of trying it out once my current skin care products run out! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading this post! I just wrote a blog post on all the Clinique products that I've used and it's good to see some of them here! I agree, the liquid facial soap works perfectly with electric cleansing brushes. The moisture surge is definitely a wonderful product for the night time when you need a little more hydration :)

    Karen @ http://beautyplaylist.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! I nominated you for the versatile blogger award! Check out how it works
    http://abuilool.blogspot.com/2012/06/blog-award-versatile-blogger-versatile.html?spref=tw

    ~Leila
    www.abuilool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Post:) I would love to buy a Clarisonic, there just too expensive though. I love Clinique's Moisture Surge I got a sample in a magazine and my skin has been drinking it up xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I enjoy reading each and every one!

Feel free to leave a link to your page if you like! However, please no advertising or follow for follow comments. Thank you!