Monday, June 25, 2012

Benefit Watt's Up! Highlighter



Hello Lovelies! I can't help but feel as though I have been neglecting the blogging world lately! Life has just been so busy for me the past few weeks. I am in the process of searching for a new job & as we all know that can be quite time consuming! Fingers crossed though, I think all my hard work might finally have paid off! 

I've been wanting to talk to you about a product that I recently rediscovered & has taken up permanent residence in my makeup bag: Benefit's Watt's Up! Highlighter. Benefit describes this highlighter as a "soft focus highlighter for the face" & I think this description is completely accurate. Benefit Watt's Up! makes your skin look naturally radiant like no other highlighter I have used before.



In the past, I have never been big on face highlighters. I always felt like it was just another step to do in the morning & that they never made much of a difference. In fact, when I originally purchased Watt's Up! months ago, I only used it for a few days before getting lazy and shoving it back into my makeup drawer. However, on a whim a few weeks ago, I pulled out my Watt's Up! Highlighter & decided to give it another go. I cannot tell you how many compliments I've received on my skin since I started applying this each morning! This highlighter really does the most amazing job of making your skin look luminous & well rested, without looking too obvious. I am absolutely in love with this product! The color is a universally flattering champagne nude which makes it ideal to pair with whichever color of blush you prefer. Benefit Watt's Up! really does seem to impart a soft focus effect on the skin, helping to conceal minor flaws, as well as lift & contour the face.


Benefit Watt's Up! Highlighter

The formula of this highlighter is excellent as well. Unlike the previous Benefit highlighters such as High Beam and Moon Beam, which were liquid, Watt's Up! is a cream -to-powder formula that comes in a stick. It takes me all of 10 seconds in the morning to swirl some on my finger & gently pat across my cheekbones & anywhere else I choose. Watt's Up! reminds me very much of the NARS Multiples in the overall formula & packaging design. However, Benefit's Watt's Up! feels much more lightweight & lasts much longer on my combo skin than the NARS Multiples. Also, it doesn't break me out, like cream NARS products tend to. Hallelujah!!


Left to Right: Benefit Moon Beam, High Beam, & Watt's Up!

Watt's Up! is by far my favorite highlighter from Benefit Cosmetics. I once owned High Beam, but ended up giving it to my mother because I found it to be a little too silvery & obvious looking on my skin. Moon Beam I find is better suited for medium to dark complexions. On my fair skin, it looks too pink & iridescent. 

The packaging is your quintesential adorable Benefit Cosmetics design. It comes in a little stick tube shaped like a light bulb. How cute is that? Also, the bottom side opens up into a mini foam blending tool. I however don't find the blender does much & prefer to use my fingers to blend out the product. 

As someone who was never much into highlighting products, for this to become such a staple in my makeup routine makes it HG in my book. I really cannot recommend this product enough. It is a beautiful, flattering shade that lights up the face & makes you look as if your skin is glowing from the inside out. It lasts nearly all day on my combo skin & is easy to throw into your purse for any touch ups!  Love!



Have you tried Benefit Watt's Up! Highlighter? What is your favorite highlighting product? 


Thanks for reading!



Lots of Love,

Louise

14 comments:

  1. Now I have to get it, damn I am going to kill my purse.
    -Stef
    http://traintostyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel! I can't tell you how many times I've found myself at the makeup counter picking something up I saw on someone's page

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried this but do own High Beam which I like. I know Tanya Burr is a big fan of Watts Up so is on my list of products to try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High Beam is a good staple highligher, but I really think you'll love this one!

      Delete
  3. I really want to try this, it looks amazing!

    Stop by and check out my blog giveaway! :)
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a beautiful colour, it's very luminous as well :) The formula and the stick packaging seem really fast and convenient to apply as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree, this color is so beautiful! I really can't imagine it looking bad on anyone :)

      Delete
  5. One of my favourites highlighters, I love to take some on my finger and then tap it on my cheek bone, as when I actually put it from the stick I feel like I'm smudging my foundation. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Angelica! Fingers work best! I find the same thing happens if I try to use a brush- I just end up wiping off my foundation/other makeup

      Delete
  6. I have been meaning to check this one out--it seems like a beautiful highlighter that would go with everything! I am a little unsure, though--I generally don't prefer cream-to-powder formulas. I have the Nars Orgasm multiple that hasn't been touched pretty much since I got it--it just always feels weird to blend and I feel like it always makes my face look patchy when I apply it over my foundation

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Benefit products and was interested to know how this one worked.. so thanks for sharing! I think I'll definitely need to pick some up :)

    Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It makes me happy and sad to see great reviews on this product. Happy because it works for everyone, but sad because it looked too dewey on my face. I'm glad you've found a staple highlighter! Mine is M.A.C.'s Soft and Gentle! :) Great review!

    themodmermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to try some new highlighters! Great post! :)

    Please check out my new blog:

    http://thelooneybuttdiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review! Definitely contemplating picking it up now!

    http://risingsun-fashionbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I enjoy reading each and every one!

Feel free to leave a link to your page if you like! However, please no advertising or follow for follow comments. Thank you!