Monday, February 4, 2013

Today I'm Wearing #17: Chanel Nail Colour in #509 Paradoxal



Chanel Nail Colour in #509 Paradoxal is a color I was hunting down for a very long time. Every time I would visit a Chanel makeup counter, they were inevitably sold out of this color. I thought that since I had no luck at the Chanel counters, I might be able to find a similar color from another brand, but to no avail. I finally threw in the towel a few weeks ago, and ordered this nail polish online. Even with the hefty price tag, I can't say I regret it. It's just so darn pretty!

Now that I own Chanel Paradoxal myself, I realize what a truly unique color it is. I am not at all surprised now that I had such a hard time finding a dupe for it! Depending on the lighting, this shade can appear more plum or more smokey grey. It is a complex, intriguing shade, that is guaranteed to look stylish on women of any age. The purple duochrome shimmer that is so prominent in the bottle is however much more subtle once on the nails. I only occasionally notice the shimmer when the light hits my nails just right.

Happily, I found this particular Chanel Nail Colour to be exceptionally smooth and opaque. It was in no way streaky, and an absolute breeze to apply. My only minor complaint is that although wear time was decent, it did chip a few days sooner than my Essie or butter London polishes.




Do you own any Chanel nail polishes? What are your thoughts on them? Worth the price, or just a lot of hype?

Thanks for reading! 

xx

15 comments:

  1. Chanel colours are gorgeous, but I agree with you, they chip easily. Anyway, it is soooo pretty!

    http://mymakeupcompulsion.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou! The chipping aspect definitely kept me away till now, but I couldn't resist this color ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh Paradoxal is so pretty! :) I remember trying to hunt down for it, but I just ended up paying for the Revlon polish instead. To this day, I still don't have a Chanel polish yet lol I don't think I can pull out the money for it when I have school to worry about. But maybe later! :D

    -sillylilacs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand! I went back and forth forever trying to justify buying this polish!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, deep color! Would love to have it on my nails as well!

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maddie! I have really been enjoying it :)

      Delete
  4. This is such a beautiful colour!

    www.dusterknuckles.blogspot.co.uk | I'm Having A Celine Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous color and cute blog! I don't own Paradoxal but there is a shade by Revlon that kind of has the same affect of the whole smoky grey/plum and it is called 330 Naughty. I did do a post on my blog a while back in September just in case anyone is looking for a cheap color that may 'resemble' Paradoxal.

    P.S
    Would you like to follow each other?

    http://aaperception.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is indeed a complex shade, it has hints of plum but hints of grey also. I actually do not have any chanel nail polishes due to the price tag, but I suspect I will eventually cave and buy one, just to see what the hype is about!

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks awesome, I really want to try some of them but haven't gotten around to it.

    Following you btw :)

    fameliquorlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Chanel paradoxal too! I am actually in a love-hate relationship with Chanel polishes. Some of them has excellent quality and some of them have very bad quality for that high price product.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are a couple dupes for this, actually! Barry M polish in Dusky Mauve and Revlon Naughty (formerly named Perplex)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I enjoy reading each and every one!

Feel free to leave a link to your page if you like! However, please no advertising or follow for follow comments. Thank you!