Sunday, February 17, 2013

Buying Into the Hype: A Clarins Makeup Haul



It seems that for the longest time I have been hearing nothing but rave reviews about makeup offering from Clarins. Up until now though, the brand never quite appealed to me. Maybe it just seemed a little too adult or old-fashioned to me? It appears that in the last few years though, Clarins has really pushed themselves to deliver more trend-forward, modern makeup. I have to say after getting a chance to use a few of their products, my initial stigma against them couldn't have been more wrong! Call me a Clarins convert, because I'm hooked!

The three products I decided to pick up were all items that I have seen reviewed before and raved about from other beauty bloggers, so of course I had high hopes!

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector (purchase here) was one of the main products I have wanted to try. I have seen countless posts on blogs dedicated to this little beauty. I purchased the shade 01 Rose Shimmer, a sheer nude pink. It is my understanding that this product is meant to be a balm-gloss type hybrid. Marketed as intensely hydrating and plumping, it is supposed to bring a 3-D effect to the lips. My first impression? The smell of this product is absolutely divine. It smells exactly like cotton candy!

I then chose to purchase the new Skin Illusion Loose Powder Foundation (purchase here) in 108 Sand. This is a loose mineral foundation that is incredibly finely milled and contains light reflecting pigments and plant extracts to create a radiant finish on the skin. So far, I am incredibly impressed and will have a full review up as soon as I have had adequate time to test it out. In the meantime, here is the post that peaked my interest in this foundation to begin with, from the lovely Gemma of Gemsmaquillage (link here)

Lastly, I couldn't resist this bronzer/blush duo face powder called Colour Accents Powder and Blush (purchase here). I believe this face powder was part of the Fall 2012 collection but is still available on the Clarins website and at select counters. This compact contains alternating shades of light bronze and a deeper bronze, interlaced with baby pink stripes.  Using a smaller brush, you do have the option to use the individual shades, but I prefer running my large MAC 187 Duo Fibre brush across the entire compact to create a bronzed glow. Happily, this powder looks just as beautiful in the compact as it does on the skin.  It really is a fair girl's dream bronzing powder! 


Have you tried any makeup products from Clarins? If so, are there any others you would recommend?


Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! Thanks for reading!

xx


13 comments:

  1. Oh, its okay to buy into those types of hypes, Clarins makes such amazing products! I love those lip glosses by the way! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! I agree, I am loving these products so far! I only wish I had tried them sooner!

      Delete
  2. The lip perfector is one of my FAVOURITE products. I just tested the Beauty Flash Balm today too and it felt great. This bronzer palette is one of the prettiest I've seen in a while -- does the pink show up well enough for it to double as a blush?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about the Beauty Flash Balm- might have to try that next!

      Although the face palette is beautiful, the pink stripes are very sheer and probably wouldn't work very well exclusively as a blush. I find the palette is best used as an all-over powder of bronzer.

      Delete
  3. I am going to have to buy into some Clarins hype soon as well, there are a couple products I have my eye on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love clarins xx

    mac lipstick giveaway. 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that powder blush, looks so pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous products, I really want to try the Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector too, looks lovely x

    www.beautyandlifestylediary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried any of their makeup but I really wanted to get their Odyssey eyeshadow palette from last year's Christmas collection - the gold in that was so gorgeous. Beautiful picks, looking forward to the indepth review of the powder :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely purchases! I really love the lip perfectors <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clarins actually has put out some pretty cool stuff in recent years - They have some wonderful eye palettes as well as a new bronzer palette each spring. Glad to have found your blog thru the #bblogger hop, and am now following!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I enjoy reading each and every one!

Feel free to leave a link to your page if you like! However, please no advertising or follow for follow comments. Thank you!