Sunday, February 24, 2013

Peaches and Cream



If you were to sort through my makeup collection, you would be sure to find a whole lot of peach products.  Whether on the eyes, lips, or cheeks, peach makeup has always been a full-proof way to bring a little life back into lackluster post-Winter skin. A universally-flattering shade, it has the ability to bring warmth and life to the face while still remaining youthful and feminine. With Spring quickly approaching (fingers crossed!) I'm sure a lot of us are turning to products that can give us a bit of a glow and restore a "peaches and cream" complexion. Also, peach is a great option when the bronzes and corals of Summer can seem out of place in the early Spring months. So, I thought it was only suitable to compile a mini collection of some of my most-reached-for peach products.




Cheeks
When Winter, stress, or lack of sleep has leached all the glow out of my face, one of my favorite solutions is to apply a peach, or peachy-pink blush. I find the warm tones in peach blushes look more natural on my skin tone than true pinks do. Some of my all-time favorites are MAC Immortal Flower (review here), a matte "peaches and cream" shade and of course NARS Deep Throat, a shimmering golden peachy-pink blush. On the rare occasion that I feel like a cream blush, my go-to is the lovely Stila Convertable Color in Gerbera, a near counterpart in cream form to MAC's Immortal Flower.





Eyes
One of my go-to looks in the warmer months is to wear a shimmering peach-toned eyeshadow across the lids, paired with my signature black winged liner. The winged liner helps to bring subtle definition to the eye, while the shimmering peach shades disguise any shadows and bring light to the eye area. For cream products, I love the Chanel Ilusion d'Ombre Eyeshadow in Emerveille, a very subtle, yet highly shimmery nude peach shade. Of course no peach-themed post would be complete without a nod to the gorgeous golden-peach MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque. My two pics for powder eyeshadows have to be the limited edition NARS Eyeshadow Trio in Ramatuelle (review here) and a long-time favorite, the Clinique Eyeshadow Duo in Sunburst




Lips
Truth be told, I don't often stray far from my favorite baby pink lip shades, but when I do want something more warm-toned, one of my favorites is Stila's Lip Glace in Apricot (which has the most divine smell). For a more nude peach lip, I turn to Revlon's Lip Butter in Creamsicle





In this photo I am wearing MAC's Paint Pot in Rubenesque across the eye lid, then topped with the NARS Trio in Ramatuelle. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner on the top lashline and MAC Powersurge Eye Kohl on the bottom line help to define my eyes. I added a pop of peach on my cheeks with MAC's Blush in Immortal Flower and then finished off the look with Stila's Lip Glace in Apricot on the lips.



What are your favorite peach products?
Thanks for reading lovelies! 

xx

 

9 comments:

  1. love the shades! you look simple and beautiful (:

    xx S.
    http://sunsetswings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac Immortal flower is such a beauty! I think I need it...

    MyMakeUpCompulsion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Stila;s gerbera! It's such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your picks. Glad I found this post through HelloCotton xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Immortal Flower seems like a really pretty cheek color! My favorite is NARS Orgasm. It's peach-ish, yeah? Haha, I agree with you on how it can bring youth and warmth to your cheeks and face. It's one of my favorite shades and I seriously need more in my collectiong :D

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Peaches are really nice and if there's anything, I would definitely recommend it cause it can go from day to night :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm more of a fan of corals and light pink-ish tones, but peaches are nice too. I'm currently loving MAC Sheertones blush in Peaches and I also like Dainty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I enjoy reading each and every one!

Feel free to leave a link to your page if you like! However, please no advertising or follow for follow comments. Thank you!