Wednesday, February 27, 2013

New Shade! Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 in Petal



Just in time for Spring, the maker of my favorite lip balm, Fresh, has released a new shade of their ever famous Sugar Lip Treatments. I have gone through countless tubes of the original, non-tinted Sugar Lip Treatment. Although pricey, I haven't been able to find an alternative that compares to it in hydrating capabilities, texture, and scent (gorgeous lemony-goodness!). And although all the prior tinted versions were beautiful, there was never one that was wearable enough for me to splash out the money. That is until now!







Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Petal is a soft, neutral pink shade, that I was left wondering for years when Fresh would release! Although I had hoped it would be more a baby pink shade, I have still come to appreciate and love this tinted balm. It reminds me of the Sugar Lip Treatment in Honey, but with pink tones and not as dark. The color is a natural, sophisticated pink that leans towards light mauve. Not overly bright, I imagine this shade would look suitable on many skin tones and ages. It is fairly pigmented and can be worn as either a sheer wash, or built up to a more opaque lip. The Petal shade makes your lips look naturally full, flushed, and plump (think what you wished your lips look like on their own).  I also find the wear time for this lip balm to be excellent and I love how soft and comfortable my lips feel with it on.




 I am wearing tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Moisturizer, Stila Convertible Color in Gerbera, Burberry Eyeshadow in Pale Barley, Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Petal



I can see myself getting quite some use out of this product this Spring. What do you think about Fresh's newest Lip Treatment release? 

Thanks for reading!

xx

12 comments:

  1. I love these lip balms! I'm using the Rose one now, but I think I may purchase this one after its run out - the color looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Rose is beautiful too, although I always found it a little too red for my complexion

      Delete
  2. These look amazing. My sister has this one I think, and I admire it every time she wears it. The colour is gorgeous,and I agree that it will be perfect for spring :) followed your lovely blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the sugar lip balms! They feel like silk on your lips! New follower - your blog is adorable!

    Jess
    Let's Play Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sugar lip treatments from Fresh - although they`ve discontinued my favourite version, sadly, as I discovered when recently looking into replacing the one I had. But there are so many new versions I can`t wait to try. Petal looks just lovely on you, but I love a bold lip, so I want to try the Passion version :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Passion is beautiful! I'm always amazed at how pigmented these are for a lip balm ;)

      Delete
  5. I have never heard about it! You look gorgeous and I really love your eyes *_*
    I just found you and immediately became member! I would really appreciate it if you'll visit my blog back :)
    Kisses and keep in touch ♡

    http://dtmakeupgirl.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This color looks amazing! I am SUCH a fan of the Fresh SUGAR lip balms! I'm excited for this color, I need it haha! Thanks for sharing!

    SarahSee. Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a great everyday color, and it's great since it's a lip balm too!

    Emily
    ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you tried the Rose one? It's a nice, neutral color also. It's more like a natural color. You know, like the "my lips but better" types.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I enjoy reading each and every one!

Feel free to leave a link to your page if you like! However, please no advertising or follow for follow comments. Thank you!