Sunday, March 11, 2012

Review: L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara




Today I'm going to be reviewing L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara. I used to purchase this product loyally a few years back & then somehow it got lost in the line-up of more exciting new mascaras I wanted to try out. I recently decided to pick up a tube at my local Walgreens and fell in love all over again. This mascara is one of the best (if not the best) drugstore mascaras I have ever used. In fact, I feel it is comparable to many high-end ones I have used such as DiorShow or Lancome Hypnose. 


In all honesty, there is not much bad I can say about my experiences with this mascara. It is nicely pigmented and shows up as a rich black on my lashes, not a dull black- gray like some other "black" mascaras. 

L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen lengthens and volumizes, with very little clumping. It is also very buildable. I am able to get at least 3 coats on without venturing into spider-lashes territory. 

I also have had no problems with flaking. I do agree with some other reviews I have read that the tube can tend to dry out quickly, but I think that comes with the territory with many volumizing mascaras. I have experienced similar drying out with DiorShow and other expensive mascaras. 

One of my favorite things about this product is how beautifully it holds a curl on me. Unfortunately, many other volumizing mascaras tend to weigh down and straighten out my naturally semi-straight lashes. I think the fact that this mascara dries to a more stiff consistency, unlike softer mascaras, such as L'Oreal Voluminous, helps it hold a curl nicely. I would almost compare the feeling of this mascara to wearing a waterproof one (so beware if you like the feel of soft lashes). 

Side note: Please excuse my bushy caterpillar brows in these photos! I'm in desperate need of an eyebrow wax!







Wearing Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin + Chanel Ombre Essentielle in Safari on lids



Let me know what you think of this mascara if you have tried it or plan on giving it a go!

Lots of Love,

Louise


5 comments:

  1. I find it can be a little heavy on my lashes, and it weighs them down.
    Besides that, I like the volume it gives :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww totally understandable! I feel like different mascaras can sometimes look completely different from person to person.

      Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. I love this mascara. It's definitely in my top 5 mascaras of all time that I've tried so far, but then again I don't spend more than $7 to $8 on mascara so I haven't ventured too far.

    Hey Louise I wanted to join your blog as a member but the only way I could was with blogloving and I don't want to sign up for anything.. is there another way that I'm just blind to or is that it? thankss

    http://makeup-by-desiree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like this mascara too!! It really is amazing for the price :)

      It means so much to me that you would like to follow my blog! Thank you! You should be able to "follow" me if you are signed into your Google Blogger account when you view my page. Next to the orange Blogger sign on the top left hand side of my page it should say "follow". Let me know if it still doesn't work though!

      Delete
    2. no problem hunn.. and it totally does and Im such a dummy that I didnt see it lol!! well consider myself following!

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I enjoy reading each and every one!

Feel free to leave a link to your page if you like! However, please no advertising or follow for follow comments. Thank you!