Monday, March 5, 2012

Currently Loving: Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid



Hello Everyone! I wanted to start off my very first post by saying thank you for taking the time to check out my site! I really hope I can be a resource for anyone who is either as passionate about beauty & health as I am, or maybe is just starting out and wants to learn more.

To start things off, I wanted to talk to you about a product that has quickly become a much-loved addition to my daily beauty routine: the Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid in Sunkissed (I know it's a mouthful but bear with me).








To me, this product can best be described as "summer in a bottle." A few weeks ago, I found myself peering into my bathroom mirror and feeling that my skin, even after applying foundation and blush, just looked a little blah, for lack of better way to describe it. This winter was not kind to my skin, leaving me pale and parched. I decided to hop on over to my local Bloomingdales to see if I could find something to remedy the situation.

 In my opinion, this fluid is the perfect bronzer for fair-skinned people like myself. It has more of a pinkish-golden hue to it compared to the more standard orange-tinged bronzers on the market. So no fear of Snooki-face here! 

The consistency is wonderful as well. It dries down and is never sticky or tacky once on the face. There are no garish glitters or overt shimmers. This fluid really just imparts a soft bronzy radiance to the skin.

One of the nicest surprises about this product for me was that it did not break me out! In the past I have had to steer clear of most powder bronzers because my sensitive skin tends to break out from some ingredient in them (hello Laguna by Nars and Laura Mercier bronzers). 

I understand that some people may be deterred by the steep price tag, but on further inspection this product is actually a very good deal. It runs $48 for 1 fluid ounce. When compared to other high-end highlighters, such as Benefit's High Beam which costs $26 for 0.45 ounces, it is surprisingly economical. Also, I'm sure this bottle will last forever. 



Heavy swatch in artificial light

Heavy swatch in natural light




Blended In
Swatches top to bottom:
Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Fluid, Benefit Hoola, Mac Bronzing Powder Golden



Let me know what you think of this product!



Lots of Love,

Louise


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments! I enjoy reading each and every one!

Feel free to leave a link to your page if you like! However, please no advertising or follow for follow comments. Thank you!