Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Little Retail Therapy


 I know it's  not a good habit to build, but what girl hasn't turned to retail therapy every once in a while when life has got her down? Last week was just one of those weeks. Nothing seemed to be going quite my way and by mid-week I really needed something to get me out of my funk. Luckily, my week got considerably more cheerful with the acquisition of a few little treasures courtesy of Kate Spade, Bobbi Brown and Chanel. Now I know I made some grand claims that January would be a month of no-buys but hey... my will-power is shaky at best when it comes to shopping. Maybe I'll have more luck next month. In the meantime, I'll find joy in sharing with you my new little beauties!



I believe these earrings from Kate Spade are new for Spring. I had been eyeing them on the Kate Spade website, and when I walked into the store and saw them sparkling on the little stand,  I just couldn't resist. I'm not normally a massive fan of dangling earrings, but the color and simple design of these ones really drew me in.




I have almost entirely used up my tarte Amazonian Clay Smooth Operator Tinted Moisturizer. Although I love that product, I was up for a little experimenting, and so I decided to give the Bobbi Brown BB Cream a try. So far I'm loving how this makes my skin look natural yet seamlessly perfected. I plan on writing a full review once I've had more time to play with it.




Last, but certainly not least, I made a B-line straight to the Chanel Cosmetics counter. Nothing makes my makeup-freak brain more giddy than seeing those little black and gold boxes thrown into a shopping bag! I picked up two Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Beryl, a soft lilac color new for Spring 2013, and Taupe, a complex shimmering plum taupe. I also nabbed my first Rouge Coco Shine in Sourire, a stunning but wearable sheer golden pink. The sales lady was also kind enough to throw in a sample of their new mascara, Le Volume de Chanel. I am sure I will get plenty of use out of these products, especially as we make our way into the Spring season.



Swatches from Top to Bottom are Le Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Taupe and Beryl, and Rouge Coco Shine in Sourire.




Have you ever been guilty of a little retail therapy?


 

17 comments:

  1. Jealous of your haul! Those Kate Spade earrings are pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post:) I love the Chanel lipstick you bought it's so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I really love the Rouge Coco Shine formula. Have you tried any of the shades?

      Delete
  3. Love the Chanel lipstick xx those earrings are bloomin gorgeous x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lilac eye liner looks amazing :) I am getting my makeup done at chanel next month, I can't wait!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! I've always wanted my makeup professionally done by a Chanel MUA! I'm sure that will be a very fun experience xx

      Delete
  5. You picked up some fab items. I havent treated myself in a while. i may have to when pay day comes around!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those earrings are sooo pretty, Louise. Also live the Chanel goodies. The rouge coco shines are my favorite. I've been meaning to try there eyeliners, but never remember to pick one up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! This is actually the first Coco Shine I have owned, but I love it! The eyeliners on the other hand...after having a few days to play with them, I am sadly less than impressed. I would save your money- the colors are gorgeous but they are a really hard texture and therefore it's so difficult to get the color to transfer to your lash line. It's so disappointing!

      Delete
  7. I want to own something of Kate Spade's so bad! Those earrings are adorable! And the Chanel lipstick looks so nice!

    katiechamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. kate spade always gets me, whenever i visit their store i want everything! love your picks -- a little retail therapy definitely works ;)

    xo Diana

    Dressed Up Alligators

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just eyeing those Kate Spade earrings yesterday! I love the color. I think I need them. :)
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. gosh I love the Kate Spade earrings! have kinda stopped wearing earrings but those are gorgeous. the colour is divine! <3

    Metallic Paws- New giveaway up on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those earrings are so pretty & I love the look of the Chanel lipstick! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I enjoy reading each and every one!

Feel free to leave a link to your page if you like! However, please no advertising or follow for follow comments. Thank you!