Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Review: Yon-Ka Phyto 58 Rejuvenation Treatment Cream




Yon-Ka is a French skin care line, that although is very popular with celebrities such as Martha Stewart and Oprah, I do not believe is well known to the general public in the US. I was blessed to be introduced to the Yon-Ka skin care line when I was a teenager due to the fact that my mother owns a skin care practice and carried these products. I completely attribute never having major issues with acne in my adolescence to using Yon-Ka products.


The main point I want to get across about Yon-Ka's Phyto 58 is that it is effective. I have been using this product off and on for the past year, and I have to say I notice a definite difference in the condition of my skin when I run out and do not use it for a while. 


According to the Yon-Ka pamphlet provided, Phyto 58 should:

  • Safeguard fresher, younger, firmer looking skin
  • Significantly reduce and delay the appearance of wrinkles
  • Purify and clear the skin
  • Balance the skin
  • Imparts freshness and well being
  • Respect the natural pH of the skin
All of these claims are not without merit. Rosemary extract has long been used in medicinal and cosmetic products for its amazing skin care benefits.

 Rosemary Essential Oil Skincare Benefits:
  • Rich in  antioxidants, most notably carnosic acid & rosmaric acid which counteract free radicals and slow the aging process.
  • Helps to purify the skin by stimulating blood flow. This helps the skin to absorb nutrients as well as purge toxins. Also aids in strengthening & reducing the appearance of capillaries.
  • Natural lightening properties that can reduce appearance of age spots
  • Powerful astringent properties which regulate oil secretion and can help treat acne
  • Anti-inflammatory agents that reduce inflammation in the skin 

In short, Rosemary extract is a juggernaut of a skin care ingredient!   



 I understand that this product is very expensive (price ranges from $45- $65 depending on where you look), but I cannot endorse it enough. It is the only cream that, out of all the lines I have experimented with recently, has made my skin significantly clearer and more vibrant and healthy.  

Although this treatment is very gentle and non-irritating on my skin, it is not the most moisturizing of night creams. I find that on my combination skin it is more than enough moisture during the warmer months, but in the winter I sometimes substitute a light hydrator such as Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel over the top. 

The only con to this product, besides the price, is the smell.  Rosemary oil is known to be very aromatic. Although the smell can be a bit strong at first, it fades within a few minutes and is no longer very noticeable. Plus, because this is a night treatment, I don't have to worry about it interfering with my perfume or any other scents during the day. 
 
 I hope that this review will sway you to give this wonderful product a try! Please let me know if you have any questions, including on other products from the Yon-Ka skin care line.


Lots of Love,

Louise 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments! I enjoy reading each and every one!

Feel free to leave a link to your page if you like! However, please no advertising or follow for follow comments. Thank you!