Friday, April 13, 2012

My 'No-Makeup' Makeup Picks



Hello lovelies! Do you ever have those mornings where you just can't be bothered to do your full makeup routine, but don't want to leave the house with a completely naked face? Well that was me this morning. The extra 20 minutes of snoozing in bed just seemed so much more appealing at the time, than getting up to get ready. So, I thought today I would share with you my must-have products that I use on days like today where I don't necessarily want anyone to notice I'm wearing makeup but I just want to look like a fresher, more awake version of myself.


1. Good Coverage, Opaque Concealer 
This is really a must for me. Even if I'm not wearing any foundation I like to use this to cover the shadows under my eyes and the broken capillaries/ redness around my nose (hate that!)
Benefit Cosmetics Erase Paste Concealer- Shade 01 (In Photo)

2. Blotting Powder
I get shiny through my t-zone during the day, so I like to dust this on to keep things matte.
MAC Blotting Powder- Medium

3. Pink or Peach Blush
A bit of blush can do wonders for brightening up your face & skin tone.
Benefit Cosmetics Boxed Powder- Bella Bamba

4. Medium Brown Eyeliner
If I'm really feeling lazy or in a huge hurry, I will skip this step, but I try not to. I have light green eyes and I feel that my eyes need a little bit of defining otherwise I can tend to look washed out. Ladies with darker colored eyes could probably skip this step. I just lightly run the pencil along my upper lash line & smudge gently with a fingertip.
NARS Larger than Life Eyeliner- Via Appia

5. Volumizing Mascara
If I was only allowed one makeup product to wear the rest of my life, it would have to be mascara. I feel that this makes a huge difference in defining & lifting your eyes, creating balance to the face & just making you look more all-around girly & pretty.
Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara- Noir (Sample)

6. Light Pink/ Nude Lip Balm
Putting a light balm or lip gloss on will help your lips from looking chapped. Also, the added sheen from the product  makes your lips look more plush!
Korres Lip Butter- Jasmine

I should mention that it took me no longer than 3-5 mins to apply these products. Also, I only used one face brush that I carry around with me in my everyday makeup bag. 

So there you have it, my 'no-makeup' makeup look must-haves! Let me know what products you love to use on your no-makeup days!

Thanks for reading!


Lots of Love,

Louise



20 comments:

  1. ohhh I love this post! Its right up my ally :)

    How do you like the Erase Paste? i have a friend who loves it, but I could never get it to work for me without looking really cakey and creasy. my undereye area does get very dry though. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like the post :)

      I've actually been really loving Erase Paste! I think it does a great job of concealing dark circles & blemishes. I can see what you mean about it getting cakey though- I find that I have to be careful to only use a tiny bit and to pat it in with my fingers so that it warms up the product a bit (I don't think brushes would work well with this one)

      Delete
  2. I love lazy days like this! SOmetimes its fun too do just light makeup
    xx taylor
    girlmeetsbeautyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taylor! I agree, some days I just really can't be bothered to put in any more effort ;)

      Delete
  3. love this post, I totally agree with you on the concealer front, I need a proper opaque one! I used to LOVE erase paste back in 2010 but the ridiculous creasing just got too much for me so i switched to Boi-Ing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! That's so funny, I keep hearing that from people about Erase Paste! I'm really surprised w/my combo skin I havn't had that problem- maybe it's because I wear a blot powder on top?

      Delete
  4. LOVE THAT! I'm a beauty/makeup junkie but i too have those days! I usually like to play up my lashes and dab a bit of Stila's convertible color for a sunkissed look without much fuss!

    Follow me at www.fashionmavenmommy.com I'll do the same :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm right there with you- if I don't do anything else, I still have to get some mascara on my lashes!

      Delete
  5. Great post! Blush and powder are always on my list too :)

    Fashion in Pepperland

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love it! you are so fun! keep the vids comin' girl. dey awesome. ;)

    love, rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES. I have those days almost every day. When it comes to make-up, I am super lazy. But eyeliner and a tinted moisturizer is always a must for me.

    Great post.

    New follower from the blog hop. Hope you visit my blog when you get the chance
    http://myminibag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent post. I love the "no makeup" look. Look refreshed but not a full face of makeup. I also love Benefit's Benetint. A few drops on your cheek and lips and off you go.

    Found your blog through Blog-Hop. Following you now. Hope you will drop by my blog when you have a chance.

    http://mui28.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like the post!

      Benefit's Benetint is great! Have you tried the Cha-Cha tint? I'm curious how it compares :)

      Delete
  9. I love this post! It's so useful for those mornings before class! Personally my favourite powder to use on a no make look day is from the natural collection (drugstore) its so natural with a good coverage. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment!

      I know, I'm not one to spend forever getting ready before class/work. I'm always looking for products that streamline the process :)

      Delete
  10. I definitely have days like that too. love your suggestions!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I enjoy reading each and every one!

Feel free to leave a link to your page if you like! However, please no advertising or follow for follow comments. Thank you!