Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Current Hair Care Routine



Today I wanted to share with you the products that have been making regular appearances in my every (other) day hair care routine. I feel that it is important to mention that in order to maintain healthy strands,  I not only use generally very moisturizing products on my thick, heat-styled hair, but also only wash my hair at most every other day. I find that washing daily really strips my hair of needed moisture and just contributes to frizzyness and dryness.  


Kerastase Cristaliste Bain Cristal Shampoo for Thick Hair
 I was coerced into purchasing this Kerastase shampoo by my hair dresser the last time I went in for a cut. Overall, I have to say that I am generally underwhelmed by this product. I don't feel that it does much more than other shampoos I have purchased at a fraction of the cost. Also, the thing that bothers me the most is that I find myself using way too much product to fully cleanse my thick hair. At the rate I am going, this tiny bottle will be gone in no time at all! 

Fekkai PrX Reparatives Conditioner
Fekkai PrX Reparatives Conditioner is absolutely one of the best conditioners I have used in a long time. I can't remember a time in recent history where my hair felts softer or had more shine to it. Even my boyfriend commented on how shiny my hair looked the other day. The only downside is that I find myself stroking my hair throughout the day because it just feels so damn good lol. I actually do feel that this conditioner is worth every pretty penny I spent on it. I have been recommending it to everyone I know! 




John Frieda Frizz-Ease Straight Fixation Smoothing Creme
 An oldy but a goody! I have been using this smoothing creme for years. It helps smooth out my rebellious waves without weighing my hair down. An added plus is that it is relatively inexpensive and readily available in drugstores.

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum
Another affordable gem from John Frieda. I alternate between purchasing this hair serum and Moroccanoil. Leaves hair smooth, soft and shiny.

Bumble and bumble Brilliantine
I use this styling creme as the finishing touch once my hair is dry and styled. This product is unlike any other styling product I have ever used. I consider it a hybrid shine enhancer/ texturizer. For a more in-depth review, please see my November Favorites.

Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo
As with many of these styling products, this dry shampoo is my go-to. I generally reach for this when I have "second-day hair" to remedy oily roots. It has an unoffensive lemon scent and doesn't leave a chalky residue once rubbed into the scalp. 


What products are in your every day hair care routine?


Lots of Love,
Louise

4 comments:

  1. Great routine. I like bumble and bumble a lot. Also, I'd probably add vitamins to the mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I've been meaning to pick up a good multivitamin xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the Fekkai conditioner - officially on my wish list!
    http://theaccessorymakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Emma! I hope you love it as much as I do xx

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I enjoy reading each and every one!

Feel free to leave a link to your page if you like! However, please no advertising or follow for follow comments. Thank you!